Hosted by Belonging Matters
Planning for life after school can seem daunting, especially when you have a disability. The options may seem slim and limited, however with vision, preparation and planning it’s possible for young people with a disability to thrive after school. This workshop aims to assist you to plan and prepare for life after school.
Topics covered in this workshop:
What is this workshop about?
- What can be done early to build a foundation for adulthood at home and in your neighbourhood,
- Creating a clear vision, goals and objectives for life after school,
- The importance of harnessing gifts, interest, passions and strengths,
- Further education,
- Customising employment,
- Creative employment options,
- The art of asking, and
- Finding the right supports.
This is a practical workshop and will use interactive exercises, refection and discussion!
Guest speaker Michelle Wakeford.